Repurpose 2018 is here! This Fall, we're taking steps to simplify our lives by donating new and gently used quality items to MCC's Thrift Shops. Through donating items we engage in a process of reorienting our lives to focus on what is truly valuable.
Last year we donated items valuing $366,827 toward MCC's programs in Ontario and around the world. We are hoping to surpass this in 2018!
This year our kids and youth will be engaging in Repurpose by filling a reusable shopping bag of their items to donate. To learn more you can talk to your Underground or Kidmax Coordinator or click here.
Sign-up to help sort items on collection day here (for Oakville only).
What can you donate?
- Clothing (men's, women's and children's - all seasons)
- Personal accessories (shoes, boots, belts, jewelry, bags/purses)
- Housewares (dishes, glasses, pots and pans, home decor items)
- Linens (bedding, towels, tablecloths, sheets)
- Toys and books (all genres except textbooks)
MCC cannot accept the following items:
- Car seats
- October 21 - Brantford, Burlington, Downtown Hamilton, Hamilton Ancaster, Hamilton Mountain, Kitchener, London & Waterloo
- October 28 - Brampton, Downtown Toronto, East Toronto, High Park, Newmarket, Richmond Hill & Uptown Toronto
- October 21 & 28 - Oakville
- Parry Sound & Ottawa will not be participating in Repurpose this year.
Why MCC Thrift?
- It's for a good cause! All of the income raised through their shops goes to supporting MCC’s relief and development work in Ontario and around the world.
- It’s sustainable! Through promoting second-hand purchasing we decrease the energy consumption created in producing new items. We also promote a culture of repurposing.
- It’s affordable! The quality items donated are sold at affordable prices that are more easily accessible to all demographics of our communities.
- global compassion FAQs
- toggleWorld Vision
- BIC Canada
- toggleLocal Partners
- Local Compassion Fund
- local funding recipients 2011 - 2012
- local funding recipients 2012 - 2013
- local funding recipients 2013 - 2014
- local funding recipients 2014 - 2015
- local funding recipients 2015 - 2016
- local funding recipients 2016 - 2017
- local funding recipients 2017 - 2018
- local funding recipients 2018 - 2019