Wed 11 May
Introducing: The Spark Initiative
Futurist, inventor and explorer Arthur C. Clarke said that new ideas pass through three periods: 1) It can't be done. 2) It probably can be done, but it's not worth doing. 3) I knew it was a good idea all along! Did you know that we’re getting behind the inspired spark of young social entrepreneurs by helping to fuel their good ideas with finances and mentorship?
Introducing: The Spark InitiativeThe Spark Initiative is a 10-month leadership grant for leaders under 35 years of age. It is an accelerator for young social entrepreneurs who are looking to address the major social concerns of our day.
BIC Canada (our denomination) is working hard at spreading the word across the country and encouraging young leaders who are already working hard on their ideas to apply to have access to financial grants as well as strategic mentorship relationships. We want their ideas and organizations to be brought to the next level. We’re hoping that this grant will strengthen these business and organizations and the people they serve.
The Spark Initiative has already received over $100,000 in pledges from trusted partners like Stronger Together Grants, Muskoka Woods, and World Vision Canada. Director, Christa Hesselink explains: “It’s so encouraging to see solid partners gather together to get behind young, innovative, Kingdom leaders. The Church must find creative ways to identify and support leaders making a real impact in their communities.”
Check out this video to learn a bit more!
What will the grant recipients receive?
- One-time cash awards of $5,000 - $20,000
- Over $6,000 in training/development courses and over $3,000 of “in-kind” business services
- 10 months of access to one on one mentorship with professionals
- Peer community of young social entrepreneurs including prayer support for leadership & organization
- Free publicity and promotion about your organization/product
- Access to philanthropists and other donors to gain further capital and/or mentorship
- Attendance at the awards gala and mentoring weekend, October 28-30, 2016.