Care Ministries: Prayer, Care and Relationship Ministries
Trained volunteers who serve on our Sunday Morning Prayer team provide caring, confidential prayer support after each Sunday service in the Theatre and Prayer Room. We also have an Intercessory Prayer Team who receive requests throughout the week and pray for people – requests are circulated to intercessors who will pray in confidence.
- For Sunday Morning Prayer Teams, Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Intercessory Prayer, contact: email@example.com
From a Meeting House Pastor
Visit an Info Desk, the 'Connect with a Pastor area', or The Meeting House website.
- Contact: Click here to connect with an Oakville Site Pastor directly.
From a Stephen Minister
Stephen Ministers care for people going through difficult times. Separation, divorce, illness, unemployment, grief and loss are just some of the challenges in which Stephen Ministers can provide Christ-centred caregiving and help. These well-trained caregivers come along beside hurting people to listen, pray and offer appropriate care through weekly meetings, referral and follow-up. Confidentiality is strictly observed. For more information on Stephen Ministry visit, www.stephenministries.org.
- Contact: Meet a Stephen Minister on Sunday morning at the table just outside the Prayer Room, or at any time, send a description of your situation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To become trained as a Stephen Minister, please email email@example.com to begin the application process. Fifty hours of initial training are required. Training starts in early 2019.
Healing Care Group
For those seeking spiritual and emotional wholeness. This group experience is a Christ-centered journey that leads participants to thoroughly address unhealthy behaviours, gently attend to emotional upheaval, wisely expose false beliefs, and lovingly assuage deep emotional and spiritual wounds in a confidential, safe environment. Each group has six to eight members and runs for 16 weeks.
- $80 to cover the cost of course materials
- Weekly, 16 sessions (break over Christmas)
- Sunday @ 2:30-5:30pm, starting October 14
- Monday @ 6:30-9:30pm, starting October 15
- Tuesday @ 6:30-9:30pm, starting October 16
- Thursday @ Afternoons (Details TBD – after Thanksgiving)
- Contact: George Brown, Healing Care Coordinator
For Support in Relationship Issues
Parents of Tweens and Teens
This nine week parenting support group uses DVDs, discussions, and a participants workbook at $20/person. The course includes short special issues each week (social media, gaming, predator protection, bullying, etc.), and a guest resource on adolescent mental health/special needs.
- Upcoming Sessions: starts January 9. 2019
- Details: Wednesdays // 7:00 - 9:00 PM
- For more information or to register: Jen & Al Coulas // firstname.lastname@example.org
A seminar for any couple that is considering marriage, engaged, or contemplating remarriage. Offered 3 times a year, couples participate in a Friday evening/all day Saturday workshop involving a series of exercises and teaching from Dr. Herman Chow, a psychotherapist who practices in Mississauga and Markham, teaches at Tyndale Univ. College and Seminary, and attends The Meeting House.
- Upcoming Workshops:
- Sep 28 & 29, 2018
- Feb 1 & 2, 2019
- May 24 & 25, 2019
- Details: Friday 7:00 to 10:00 PM and Saturday 9:30 to 5:00 PM (lunch not included)
- Contact: email@example.com
- Register: themeetinghouse.com/marriageprep
Trained couples are assigned as mentors to those who are taking/have taken the Marriage Prep Seminar, who usually meet for 5 times pre and post wedding. If you would like a marriage mentor or referral for marriage counselling, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Marriage Course
This 7-week course is designed for couples to learn and gain practical tools to make a good marriage better, or for couples who are struggling with some area of their relationship. Content is presented by DVD, discussed privately between spouses, and through homework for follow-up. Topics covered include: understanding each other’s needs, effective communication, resolving conflict, sexual intimacy, impact of family background, and much more.
- Date: Starting September 18, 2018
- Details: 7:00pm to 9:00pm
- Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Register: themeetinghouse.com/alphamarriage
A group of people led by others who have successfully recovered from divorce, who will journey alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. This 13-week DVD, discussion, and homework based program covers topics like: The Road to Healing/Finding Help, Facing My Anger, New Relationships, Forgiveness, Reconciliation Moving On, Growing Closer to God.