- Fall Local Partner Tours
- Oct 19 | 10:00am - Women's Habitat in Etobicoke
- Additonal Tours of our Partners TBD!
- Register here.
- Coat Drive
- Oct 27 & Nov 3 | 7:30am to 2:00pm
- Collecting New & Gently Used Winter Coats with a special need for Children's Winter Coats!
- Don’t have a coat to donate? Please consider bringing a $25 Wal-Mart Gift Card or donate directly to Kerr Street Mission, Frontline Outreach, The Open Door, and Women’s Habitat
- Peace Conference with Mennonite Central Committee
- Nov 16 | 9:00am to 4:00pm
- The MCC Peace Conference is your chance to see, hear, and experience first-hand how you and MCC are changing lives and communities through peacebuilding. This day-long event will inspire and inform through general sessions, workshops and conversations with messengers of peace.
- Register here.
- Kairos Blanket Exercise
- Nov 30 | 12:30pm to 4:00pm
- Creating change for Indigenous communities starts with sharing Truth and supporting Healing. The KAIROS Blanket Exercise is an interactive learning experience that teaches the Indigenous rights history we’re rarely taught.
- Register here.
Food for Life
Food for Life is an outreach program that provides neighbours in need with direct access to fresh food within their neighbourhood. The food is delivered by the refrigerated Food for Life truck.
The vision of Frontline Outreach is that every person who lives in poverty will be shown the love and mercy of God by the local church and all benefactors who provide housing, food, programs and opportunities that are gateways out of poverty. Their hope is that residents of every low income, subsidized housing community will be adopted by a caring and generous church, that results in breaking the cycle of poverty that affects the lives of so many children.
Salvation Army Halton Lighthouse Shelter
The Salvation Army Halton Lighthouse provides emergency shelter, basic needs and intensive case management for men, and women who are homeless. The Lighthouse Shelter provides accommodation for 30 men and women who are experiencing homelessness and partners with the Canadian Mental Health SafePlace program for persons who have mental health crisis needs.
Kerr Street Mission
We partner with KSM's Neighbour Care Network which is committed to helping people in difficulty and distress with one-on-one support and encouragement.
ReSoul (Youth Unlimited)
ReSoul is Milton's only youth dedicated drop-in centre, serving youth from grades 6-12.
The Dam partners with youth to create an inclusive community where all are welcomed, valued and respected.
Women's Habitat is a shelter and outreach centre that provides services and temporary housing for women in need to make a new life for themselves and their children.
The Open Door
The Open Door at Square One is a front-line ministry outreach of the churches of Mississauga that has been ministering since 1974. The Open Door serves people from every background and walk of life.
Have a questions, suggestions, or want to connect with us? Contact a member of our site's Compassion Team
- Carolynn Bucek, Compassion Coordinator
- Sharon Beck, Compassion Coach for Frontline Outreach, Food For Life and Lighthouse Shelter
- Daniel Crack, Compassion Coach for The Dam and Open Door
- Emily Chow & Andre Ng, Compassion Coach for Women's Habitat and Kerr Street Mission
- Tammy Levante, Compassion Coach for Re:Soul