The results are in for rePURPOSE 2017! Through your donations we collected approx. $366,827 worth of items for MCC Thrift Shops as part of this year's rePURPOSE campaign! This is over $80,000 more than we collected last year. Thank you for your generosity and support of MCC Ontario's relief and development efforts at home and around the world!
rePURPOSE 2017 is here! This spring, we're taking steps to simplify our lives by donating new and gently used quality items to MCC's Thrift Shops.
Last year (2016) we successfully donated items valuing $285,000 towards MCC's local and global programs!
- Sunday, April 23 - Brantford, Burlington, Kitchener, London, Parry Sound, Downtown Hamilton, East Hamilton, West Hamilton, Waterloo
- Sunday, April 30 - Brampton, High Park, Newmarket, Richmond Hill, East Toronto, Downtown Toronto, Uptown Toronto, Ottawa
- Sunday, April 23 & Sunday, April 30 - Oakville
MCC is looking for clean, quality donations of:
- Clothing (men's, women's and children's - all seasons)
- Personal accessories (shoes, boots, belts, jewelry, bags/purses)
- Housewares (dishes, glasses, pots and pans, home decor items)
- Linens (bedding, towels, tablecloths, sheets)
- Toys and books (all genres)
MCC will NOT be collecting appliances, furniture, or electronics.
MCC cannot accept car seats, cribs, or helmets due to Health Canada safety standards.
Why support MCC Thrift?
- It supports a good cause.
- Proceeds are used locally and globally to meet basic human needs and work for peace and justice through Mennonite Central Committee.
- It's eco-friendly.
- Buying second-hand items means you avoid consuming all the energy used in producing and shipping new items.
- It's affordable.
- Name-brand items without a name-brand price
- toggleglobal compassion
- togglelocal compassion
- compassion FAQs